Cards & Payments Industry professional Course
The Cards & Payments Industry professional Course is designed to help you understand the dramatic way in which product and payment services have changed. This shift is driven by businesses and consumers as their habits and preferences adapt to new ways of living and working.
The Cards & Payments Industry has also yet to witness the full effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Both people and companies are seeking out non-face-to-face ways to accept and process payments. Everyone, from card issuers and acquirers to gateways and switches, Banks and Payments providers must continue to embrace new technologies and keep pace.
- Banks have traditionally provided end-to-end services across the payments value chain. Now they are leveraging digital banking innovation to maintain market share. These are necessary changes to meet increased competition from Fin-Techs, non-banks and third-party providers.
- Digital payments and e-commerce providers are building out rival payment methods as their services grow. This competition forces payments vendors to consolidate and capitalise on economies of scale.
- Smartphones, mobile banking, IoT and payments applications vendors have gone mainstream, while contactless (NFC) payments enable consumers to make everyday purchases quickly and safely, especially for low-value transactions.
- Meanwhile, payments processing is becoming increasingly commoditised. Industry players are looking for ways to expand their offerings through additional value-added services and consolidation.
What you will learn
The latest trends and insights in cards and payment, from an industry expert, along with the roles, structures, stakeholders and participants that make up the industry. The course covers common card and payment challenges and how to overcome them and how to avoid common execution and operational pitfalls; as well as the key components of revenue, cost and expenses alongside financial models and revenue flows, with an in-depth look at who earns what within the value chain.
This Cards & Payments course provides a comprehensive insight into the end-to-end world of card, payments and Interchange. Key insights from this course will open up your understanding of this this vast, complex ecosystem, for an even greater appreciation of present challenges, emerging trends and new opportunities.
- Understand the role participants play, and how these are governed and regulated to provide a safe, predictable business environment.
- Learn how different types of payments suit different segments, which are growing and declining and more based on macro-economics and shifting consumer preferences.
- Gain inside insight into the sub-industries working behind the scenes to keep e-commerce and the payments economy ticking.
- Learn how merchant acquiring and issuing works, how the competitive landscape is changing, and the role financial institutions play in this space. Also look at the key players and the revenue and cost flows across card issuing and acquiring and see where the opportunities lie. This includes an examination of operational effectiveness at various operational scales
- Learn how 3- and 4-party card schemes differ and grasp the key features of EMV and CUPS and how EMV transaction is processed and more...